- Availability. The initial roll-out of the Nous Virtual Assistant is limited to certain geographic locations only, as determined by user’s IP address. Further, the use of Nous Virtual Assistant is subject to usage limits defined by Humanmetrics pertaining, but not limited to, how many and how often a user may submit a question to the Nous Virtual Assistant. Usage limits for users who do not log in may be different from the limits the logged in users have. Humanmetrics has the right in its sole discretion to add or remove users to the Nous Virtual Assistant, and to define usage limits however Humanmetrics so determines.
- Using the Nous Virtual Assistant. Limitations.
The Nous Virtual Assistant allows you to submit textual queries (the “Inputs”) and obtain textual responses (the “Outputs”), sometimes including text content generated by a third-party Large Language Model AI (“LLM”) API licensed by Humanmetrics (the “LLM Outputs”). To identify the Outputs generated by the LLM, they are presented in the Nous Virtual Assistant followed by the “Powered by OpenAI LLM” label. The LLM Outputs may include hyperlinks to Humanmetrics.
Given the probabilistic nature of LLM, use of the Nous Virtual Assistant may occasionally result in LLM Outputs that do not accurately reflect facts, or include biased information. You must evaluate the accuracy of any LLM Output as appropriate for your use case. LLM Outputs may occasionally contain harmful instructions.
Due to the nature of the LLM used in some responses generated by Nous Virtual Assistant, Outputs may not be unique across users and the Nous Virtual Assistant may generate the same or similar output for Humanmetrics users. Users may ask similar questions and receive the same, similar or different responses.
Nous Virtual Assistant user interface and Outputs may include advertising.
Although Nous Virtual Assistant includes measures to limit the Inputs and Outputs to the Intended Scope, in some circumstances it may still be possible to submit Inputs and obtain Outputs that are unrelated to the Intended Scope. It is your responsibility to use the Nous Virtual Assistant only within the Intended Scope.
- Suspension and Cancellation. In addition to paragraph 4, we reserve the right to suspend or discontinue offering or supporting the Nous Virtual Assistant, or parts thereof, at any time and for any reason, to some or to all customers. Subject to the requirements of law, we may limit, suspend, or terminate your use of the Nous Virtual Assistant at any time without notice and for any reason, including (without limitation) if you breach this Agreement (including by failing to comply with the Code of Conduct), if we suspect you are engaged in fraudulent or illegal activity, or if your Humanmetrics account is suspended or closed by us or by you.
- Ownership of Inputs and LLM Outputs.
As defined and described in the section 3 above, some, but not all, responses of the Nous Virtual Assistant may occasionally be produced with the help of LLM AI. The LLM output is presented to users as a text included in the Nous Virtual Assistant’s response box that is marked with “Powered by OpenAI LLM” label at the bottom of the response box
Humanmetrics does not claim ownership of the Inputs, or any other content you provide, post, input, or submit to, Nous Virtual Assistant (including feedback and suggestions). However, by using the Nous Virtual Assistant, posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting content you are granting Humanmetrics, its affiliated companies and third party partners permission to use the Inputs and LLM Outputs in connection with the operation of its businesses (including, without limitation, all Humanmetrics Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, transmit, store the Inputs, Outputs, and other content you provide; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Nous Virtual Assistant.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Inputs and LLM Outputs, as provided herein. Humanmetrics is under no obligation to use any content you may provide, and Humanmetrics may remove any content at any time in its sole discretion.
- No Guarantees; No Representations or Warranties; Indemnification by You.
We plan to continue to develop and improve the Nous Virtual Assistant, but we make no guarantees or promises about how the Nous Virtual Assistant operates or that it will function as intended. The Nous Virtual Assistant is not error-free, may not work as expected and may generate incorrect information. You should not rely on the Nous Virtual Assistant and you should not use the Nous Virtual Assistant for advice of any kind. Your use of the Nous Virtual Assistant is at your own risk.
Code of Conduct
By using the Nous Virtual Assistant you agree:
- To only use the Nous Virtual Assistant for the purposes defined in the beginning of this Agreement in the "Intended Scope".
- To evaluate the accuracy of any LLM Outputs as appropriate for your use case.
- Not to engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Nous Virtual Assistant, or others. Do not attempt to create or share content that could be used to harass, bully, abuse, threaten, or intimidate other individuals, or otherwise cause harm to individuals, organizations, or society.
- Not to use the service to create or share inappropriate content or material. Humanmetrics does not permit the use of the Nous Virtual Assistant to create or share adult content, violence or gore, hateful content, terrorism and violent extremist content, glorification of violence, child sexual exploitation or abuse material, or content that is otherwise disturbing or offensive.
- Not to engage in activity that violates the privacy of others. Do not attempt to create or share content that could violate the privacy of others, including disclosure of private information (sometimes known as “doxing”).
- Not to engage in activity that is fraudulent, false, or misleading. Do not attempt to create or share content that could mislead or deceive others, including for example creation of disinformation, content enabling fraud, or deceptive impersonation.
- Not to infringe on the rights of others. Do not attempt to use the Nous Virtual Assistant to infringe on others’ legal rights, including intellectual property rights.
- Not to do anything illegal. Your use of the Nous Virtual Assistant must comply with applicable laws.
Content and Moderation
Abuse of the Nous Virtual Assistant, such as repeated attempts to produce prohibited content or other violations of the Code of Conduct, may result in service or account suspension. Users can report problematic content via the contact form.