ENFJ Under Stress
Many ENFJs have a pronounced desire to take on leadership roles in their circle and take upon themselves the responsibility for its well-being. When external circumstances exert substantial pressure on an ENJF’s surroundings, they take it personally so much so, that it can really bring them down. They often push down their feelings and don’t show that they’re not okay. However, their true feelings do sometimes abruptly come out as irritability and an obvious worsening of their well-being.
What may cause this type stress?
- Limited interaction with others for an extended period of time.
- Limited possibilities for making changes.
- Being criticized.
- Numerous and continuous routine tasks and administrative procedures may be stressful for this people and make them feel unhappy.
- A lot of unorganized activity.
Behaviors of ENFJs under stress
- Openly express strong dissatisfaction with the actions of others, even over small things.
- Distance themselves from what’s going on around them.
- Become irritable and excessively demanding that their instructions be carried out precisely.
- Get aches in various parts of the body, especially where they sometimes repeatedly get unpleasant sensations.
What is your personality type? Take the Test!
If you are an ENFJ
Stress relief methods
It is always a good idea to go away on vacation, take a road trip, go on a hike, or just indulge in the pleasures of doing absolutely nothing.
There are quite a few things that could help you unwind, such as playing sports, having a night out with friends, watching a movie or listening to music. Just do what you like. Only you know what that is. Oh, and last but not least, learn some relaxation and meditation techniques.
Remember that pleasing everyone is impossible. Take the pressure of making everything around you the best it can possibly be off yourself.
Examples of stress-preventing behavior
Having familiarized yourself with the typical behaviors and feelings of an ENFJ in stressful situations, you will be able to apply this knowledge to prevent stress from developing. For example, if you’re often unhappy with the actions of people around you and are expressing your disapproval, even over minor things, you should pay attention to this as a possible sign that you’re becoming stressed. It’s probably worth taking a break and immersing yourself in an enjoyable pastime.
If you often experience pain or feel physically unwell for no known reason, this may be a sign that your stress levels are elevated. It would be best to spend some time interacting with arts or the beauty of nature. You could also take a trip that you’ve been dreaming of for a while but couldn’t afford to take because you were consumed by everyday responsibilities. Notice the signs of increasing stress and take the necessary steps to prevent it from developing further.