INTP Career Choices
Generally, INTPs build successful careers in fields requiring quite intense intellectual effort and that call for a creative approach. INTPs are often found in research, development and analytical departments. INTPs often make very successful careers in academia thanks to their originality and their strong and versatile way of thinking.
Jung Career Indicator™ determines occupations and areas in which INTPs find themselves most fulfilled and content, are most successful, and in which they are likely most represented. The following listing includes examples of areas of occupation suitable for an INTP from a personality type standpoint. Search of educational institutions* that might be offering a relevant degree or training is also provided. Click occupation names to request information about programs.
Note that the expressiveness of INTP personality type traits (Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, and Perceiving) will be different in different people of the INTP type. To obtain occupation examples that are better aligned with the expressiveness of your personality type traits, take the Jung Typology personality test.
An extensive list of occupations along with personalized career tips for your type are available with Career Development Profiler.
In fact, anyone can be an entrepreneur. There are many factors influencing how successful an entrepreneur can be, and your personality preferences is one of the very important ones. Identifying a line of business and size that fits your entrepreneurial personality preferences helps mitigating risks and increasing chances of being more successful and more content. Determine most favorable for you size and kinds of businesses and franchises with Entrepreneur Quiz ».
What is your personality type? Take the Test!
Career Choices and Risk Attitudes
One of the main reasons for difficulties in a career is inconsistency between person's natural risk attitudes (like risk aversion or, on the contrary, risk seeking) and career steps they are taking. This inconsistency leads to stress and emotional discomfort, reduces confidence in your own abilities, adversely affecting your career. Take the Risk Attitudes Quiz to understand your risk type and gain additional insights.
Risk Attitudes Quiz comes in handy when considering a job or changing the course of your career, especially if you:
- lack self-confidence which is keeping you from taking the next step toward your dream job.
- are over-analytical and cannot stop debating alternatives.
- are looking to achieve sustainability in your career.
- change your course too often and want to find out the potential cause for that.
Take the Risk Attitudes Quiz » to see if the career decisions you make are in line with the risk attitudes that match your personality.
- Education is a huge investment of time and money so be ready to ask a lot of questions of any college or university you are considering. Therefore, create a list of questions and take notes as you get your answers while talking to an enrolment advisor or when signing up and requesting information.
- Be wary of any school that is unable to or refuses to answer any of your questions. A degree is a long-term commitment and choosing a college or university that understands and can meet your needs should be one of your top priorities.
- Sign up and request information from several schools so that you can compare and, if possible, negotiate more favourable conditions.
- There is no such thing as the "perfect" college or university. Stay open minded and realize that any number of schools may be a good fit for you and provide you with the degree and student services that you need.
Important aspects you should pay attention to include:
- School’s accreditation
- Financial aid offered
- Tuition and fees. What’s included and what isn’t. Payment plans.
- Student services available
- Instructors’ credentials
- How tests are administered
- Time required to complete the program
- How long the program has been offered and how many students have enrolled
- Key dates
- Any requirements or pre-requisites