Understanding personality types and natural behavioural preferences of job candidates can both substantially enhance your candidate selection and pre-employment screening process, and be an invaluable instrument for smooth integration and successful start of a new high-ranking manager or a team member.
When interviewing a job candidate, you as a hiring manager or human resources professional (or your company’s hiring and human resources managers) face the challenge of knowing nothing about personality of the candidate you are about to meet. What questions should you ask during an interview to reveal the candidate’s strengths, and to probe at any weak areas? Will he or she get along with your team members? Will he or she get along with you? With your boss? Will the candidate bring personality strengths to the table that the current team might be lacking? How will you ensure the successful integration of a new team member or ensure a promoted employee succeeds in a new role? This is where assessing the personality of your candidates with the Jung Typology Profiler for Workplace comes in handy.
What is the Jung Typology Profiler for Workplace™ (JTPW)?
The Jung Typology Profiler for Workplace™ is the professional version of the Jung Typology Test. JTPW™ assessment is designed for application in the workplace and is aimed at organizations and business users. JTPW™ personality assessment is offered from our HRPersonality.com website.
Personality Assessment of Job Candidates
Assessments with JTPW are commonly used by organizations for comprehensive personality assessment of job candidates - both prospective employees and internal candidates up for promotion, as part of the pre-employment screening or succession planning process. It comes in handy when:
- a candidate’s propensity toward certain behaviours and soft skills is critical for the job, and/or
- smooth and effective integration of a candidate into the existing team and organization’s culture is important
With JTPW, you will obtain:
- Workplace-oriented behavioural scores and comprehensive multi-page personality profiles of your candidates
- Personality compatibility guidelines and a candidate’s compatibility scores for specific occupations
- The convenience of side-by-side comparison of the results of multiple candidates
- Behavioural interview guidelines, including sample questions relevant to a candidate’s personality type
- And more
Personality profiles generated by JTPW include scores of workplace-oriented behavioural indices, interpretative textual and visual materials, and are dynamically generated by the built-in expert system. The behavioural scores cover such areas as: leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, empathy, diligence, rationality and analyticity, and are presented in the Personality Radar graph:
The profiles provide a personalized description of a candidate, covering such insights into a candidate’s personality as: their most likely strengths and weaknesses in the workplace, the strengths of their behavioural preferences, their motivational factors, conflict resolution style, problem-solving and decision making style, communication style and more.
The Job Compatibility Guidelines and Scoring module (JCG) uses a built-in algorithm to score a candidate’s personality compatibility for job titles of your interest on the scale of 0-100%. The out-of-the-box list of job titles available for compatibility scoring includes many common occupations, including various sales positions, mid- and high-ranking management and more.
In addition to the compatibility score, you get job compatibility guidelines for each such job title. The job compatibility guidelines are expressed in terms of personality types and the range of behavioural indices that are most commonly present in individuals who are successful in these jobs.
Best Fit and Successful Integration
Oftentimes, you or your organization may want to ensure that a new team member smoothly and effectively integrates into the existing team - peers, managers and/or subordinates – and with the organizational culture – whatever the specifics of your particular team and organization may be. Personality assessment with JTPW helps you accomplish this goal by performing the following basic steps:
- conducting personality assessments of the members of the existing team or the individuals the prospective candidate will have to interact with,
- obtaining group's overall personality radar (group personality radar), and then comparing a candidate's or a new hire’s personality radar against the group's overall personality radar, as well as
- comparing against a manager’s Personality Radar, as required, to confirm compatibility or reveal potential conflicts.
New! The unique 1:1 Personality Compatibility Report provides personality compatibility analysis of a pair of respondents and features the personality compatibility potential indicator. The indicator factors in the differences in behavioral traits, their expressiveness, and the differences in personality types of the respondents. The report includes:
- personality compatibility potential indicator
- side-by-side comparison of behavioral scores and personality radars of respondents
- analysis, interpretation and tips on how to prevent potential (or manage the existing) tension and conflict between individuals
Use this report to explore personality compatibility between the prospective and the existing team members or the leader, and develop a successfull integration strategy.
Identify Soft Skill Requirements
JTPW can help you discover and confirm any potentially weak areas of the existing team by completing personality assessments of the existing team members and obtaining a JTPW Group Summary Report. The Group Summary Report allows you to analyze your team as a whole and determine its potentially weak areas in terms of soft skills. Once such “blind spots” are identified, you can incorporate them into new hire requirements or a job posting and then look for a candidate who might bring to the table personality qualities that are be lacking in the team.
For example, by looking at the JTPW Group Personality Radar included in the Group Summary Report you might find that your team’s Rationality index is on the low end. So, you might be looking for a new team member with more expressed Rationality, as it may be relevant to the job.
Not a hiring manager? Share this article with your company’s management or HR department.
Are you on the other side of the fence? If you are a job candidate or seeking ways to succeed in the workplace, please read this.